Tuesday, July 11, 2023

cloth: no shrinking violet + swim camp

I brought home enough blue fabric to start a baby quilt for another grandnephew due to borne in August. And I left this quilt that I'm calling No Shrinking Violet behind at my sewing sweatshop. I bit the bullet and cut up the king sized batting. I'll "Frankenbatt" or sew together the cut-offs for the next baby quilt.   

Looking at my Facebook memories, I saw a minky quilt I had sewn of unicorns for the sister sibling of this quilt that I'm calling Swim Camp because it's from a log cabin pattern called Campfire. I feel like all the shades are reminiscent of summer swimming in pools.
And I had sewn on enough logs that I'm storing the work in progress on a wood hanger in my coat closet, which brings me face to face to the king sized quilt top and backing sewn from Amy Butler fabrics--I'll sew that quilt on a long arm.
Maybe I'll even be able to eliminate one box of my fabric stash in the sewing sweatshop. I also brought home a jelly roll to start another quilt top as well as enough peach and coral and pink fabrics to start another quilt top with the text, "bliss, joy, love" that is a design of Brigitte Heiland. But the top above has me in love with the striking look of Campfire, and so I'd like to do another one but in a pink palette. Too many quilts, and not enough summer vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment