Thursday, July 20, 2023

cloth: scrappy roybgiv

Summer has been productive because of hunkering down with the stash and using A LOT of small fabric scraps in a foundation paper-pieced quilt. Below is the visual template for the second ROYBGIV quilt(the first I gave long ago to a friend)that I'm making this summer. 
I counted how many more patches I needed to sew the other day: 39! Yah, it's been a slog, but I'm getting those 80 blocks done.         
Because of sewing and going to the gym, cooking has taken a backseat. I've been relying on supermarket sushi and other convenience grocery items.     
 
And the summer garden is back to producing a bounty of vegetable side dishes. Today Stanley, the ceramics teacher from Burlingame High, was at clay club, and I ended up glazing a stack of bisque plates for the Cone 5 firing.                                
I think I must've glazed 5 plates yesterday, and I imagine they'll be done today--so I'll pop into the kiln room to peek after I've sewn a bunch more patches.

No comments:

Post a Comment