Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Ceramics: Jewelry Dishes and Pendants

From the cone 10 firing last week, I am super happy with the jewelry plates I made for the grandnieces. The jewelry pendants are rather plain, and so I'm thinking of embellishing them with decals. As for the glass inlay plates, they're either gonna be coasters or end up on my dresser to hold jewelry.

Below is what I had hoped for from the Coleman Red glaze I mixed--with that lavender "bloom"--and so I can't wait to loop with a leather cord. Such a sweet little pendant.
I am so in love with these jewelry pendants that I put glass into its recess. One has the Coleman red on the edge, and the other two have Blue Celadon and Rutile on the edges.
And so today I'm gonna reclaim the dry frost porcelain I have to wedge this afternoon and make some more jewelry pendants.

No comments:

Post a Comment