Monday, June 27, 2022

cook: steak night

Patrick was tiring of all the dishes I was cooking in my efforts to shop my pantry and said the dogs needed steak. And so while he was grilling the rib eyes on our bbq grill, I grated a few zucchini as well as onion and spring garlic, which I had salted and then squeezed all the water out, and then combined it with an egg and flour. I fried the mixtures into zucchini fritters.

 

I also baked a russet potato. I loved a baked potato for dinner in my vegetarian days, but now I split one with the hubs, which I always slather in butter and sour cream and chives. I also always make a sauce of horseradish, sour cream, lemon zest, lemon juice, and chives for steak dinners.

I sometimes wonder if at the end of my lifetime, there will no longer be steak because of how intensively beef cattle deplete the land of resources that our planet cannot sustain.

No comments:

Post a Comment