Wednesday, June 22, 2022

(re)creation: beach respite

Our Palm Springs getaway made my neighbor, Helen want to do it again, but she said she didn't want to drive as far as San Diego and so I said look for a vacation rental in Morro Bay for the last week of July before I start work again mid-August. And beach house she found! She found a VRBO in Cayucas, between Cambria to the north and Morro Bay to south and just a 3 and a half hours drive from the Bay Area. Her criteria for the vacation rental was that it be right next to the ocean.

And the pics of the beach house look amazeballs. I plan on claiming the bedroom with the patio since I'm the early riser and will need to hang out there in case our other neighbor, Nancy joins us and takes up residence on the sofa bed. 
Helen says she wants to tour a winery or two and lay on the beach while I told her my priorities were to boogie board and hike a seashore or nearby park trail. And because this is vacation, and not travel, I plan on living in my swimsuit and packing just boogie board, coverup, sunscreen, flip flops and a beach hat. Okay book, t-shirt and shorts too.

No comments:

Post a Comment