Friday, December 29, 2023

celebration: christmas family album

I was full of trepidation before reuniting with my siblings: I've been estranged from my sister who resides in San Francisco (just a 15 minute drive away) and a brother who resides in San Diego and whom I hadn't seen since the Christmas before the pandemic. December 25th was without negative incident, thankfully and hopefully, baby steps toward reconciliation and warmer relationships. Children made the holiday a lot merrier as shown in the pics shared by my sister-in-law and niece. 
Below are my brother's oldest grandson and grandchild as well as his youngest grandson and grandchild.
 
Darn cute.
And Bexley was less crabby this year while Halo was still her adorable self.
Dani cracked us all up with her hoarse voice, and Damian was scampering all over the house and backyard.
 
These two remain my favorite grandnieces.
My niece insisted on taking pics of the receivers with their presents from me.
Bexley and Isla.
 
While the kids were decorating cookies (last year I got to help them construct cookie houses), I was cooking dumplings.
And the chicken and cilantro wontons and my dipping sauce of soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, crushed garlic, sesame seeds and scallions were a hit with the kids. I look forward already to next Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment