Sunday, December 3, 2023

clay: pottery popup + a pear

Yesterday I tried to sell my pots to little avail. I told Patrick though I used to sell a lot of my pottery one-offs because they were priced either five or ten dollars, I now sell handmade at handmade prices.          
It wasn't much consolation that the other potters likewise didn't sell many ceramic pieces.

Patrick said we’ll figure it out. However, I don’t want an Etsy shop, and so I looked for a consignment shop yesterday (the woman-owned and women artists storefront was empty and out of business) and then talked to a friend at the arboretum society. Next year, I’ll organize my own holiday market. I had despaired and entertained thoughts of no longer doing ceramics, but I love making with clay. And in the late afternoon while manning my pottery popup table, I joined two pinch pots and formed a pear and then started underglazing it chartreuse.  
I like my pear a lot, and so did others. I won't stop making pottery. And I need to get back to art too. While exploring the Designing Peace exhibit at the Museum of Craft and Design and the galleries at the Minnesota Street Project, I bought these souvenirs.              
I was looking more closely at the logo, and I really love how it was imagined. And so I think my next make will be my signature stamp in clay in negative relief, so that it's raised rather than incised in my pots.

No comments:

Post a Comment