Thursday, December 28, 2023

cook: green bean casserole

I think the one time I had cooked green bean casserole before this Christmas, I used canned everything: green beans, cream of mushroom soup of the iconic red and white label brand, and a canister of fried onions. This time I cooked from scratch except for the fried onions. And I'm using my failed butter dish by shaving the top of the butter bar. 

I bought the mushrooms and green beans from the warehouse store.
I kept tasting my sautéed mushrooms in their roux. Oh yeah, much better than Campbell's cream of mushroom.
It was time to also cook dinner of pork chops and mashed potatoes and a serving of green bean casserole.
And I've lots and lots of leftover green bean casserole as my family hadn't eaten much of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment