Thursday, July 4, 2024

cloth: no shrinking v I o l e t

I intentionally didn't plan any work or travel this summer because I had planned to stay home and enjoy the little time I had with Sadie. I hadn't thought she was going to die only a couple weeks into my summer break. I started this quilt over 5 years ago, before Patrick and I were adopted by Sadie. We both acknowledge that she helped a lot to reunite us during our marital crisis. And I've loved her dearly when I wasn't taking her for granted or irritated with her when her needs took precedence over mine. Gawd, I'm so self-involved, and that's why I loved Sadie so. She was transcendent.


I normally stitch on the 4th of July, but not this year. Rest in peace my sweetheart little girl, for this quilt was dedicated to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment