Monday, July 1, 2024

cook+cloth: clam pizza+purple is the color of my sorrow

Cecilia and I had been talking about crafting a clam pizza this summer, and I mentioned to her a recipe in the latest issue of Food and Wine. She, in turn, sent me a link from Ooni on New Haven White Clam Pizza. And so we did it! HOWEVER, nothing to see here folks because I was so frantically managing the fire in the oven that I didn't take photos of our white clam pie. Cecilia's white sauce is a surefire winner. She made a bechamel and then added a ton of garlic and fresh oregano. I was excited to be taking out my Ooni and firewood from the storage bench--the oven is that compact and portable--and then loading up the fuel for a lovely burn.

 
As mentioned, I didn't take pics though Cecilia took one of the pepperoni pizza with white sauce instead of red for Patrick and that I did remember to take a pic of it baking in the oven.
Golly do I love to make fire.

I made a couple of clay pansies and adhered them to my latest candelabra and took these photos for reference while painting them with under glaze.
 

I've purple on the brain because of flowers and I'd also been working on this purple quilt. I had planned to not travel this summer because I wanted to spend most of it with Sadie, and so I'm depressed that she died sooner rather than later. She was the one to keep me company and remind me to move when she had to pee while I was hand stitching this quilt. I remember crying after our visit to the vet's office and stitching away on this quilt.
And in my grief and inertia, I finished sandwiching the purple quilt, and so I dedicate it to Sadie in this blog.
It took me a weekend and another day to making the binding and then sewing it to the edges of the quilt. I had started the quilt label at my slow sewing night with quilty friends. I've given a lot of quilts away, but now have a growing collection that I think I'm going to sell at a pop-up at the end of the month at the other ceramics studio. I suppose I'll hang my banner for my shop, clay + cloth, which ain't so imaginary anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment