Sunday, July 7, 2024

cook: bagel board

During the pandemic, many of my friends and colleagues took up baking--some of their sourdough loaves and baguettes came out beautifully--but none have boiled and baked bagels as their hobby. I thought I was going to learn to bake bagels this year, but I've yet to. In the meantime, I get my fix from the West Coast chain of Noah's New York Bagels, originating from my youthful stomping grounds of Berkeley. I splurged on a big hunk of honey roasted salmon at the warehouse store, craving it with bagels. 

This board is how I've been breaking my fast sometimes this summer. Slice bagels and lay on a board with cream cheese, chopped red onions, fresh dill, capers, wedges of lemon and pickle spears. 
Golly I love a lightly crusty bagel with a chewy interior with all the fixings of a lavish New York flourish.

The July 4th holiday sales is when I do my fall and winter wardrobe shopping, and this year from a J. Crew clearance sale, I added a black long sleeved t-shirt, a black ribbed long sleeved henley, a black relaxed rollneck trade sweater, and a white long sleeved white t-shirt. Back to basics and grabbing from my dresser or closet, a staple I don't have to think about. I'd also bought a flannel shirt for me and one for Meral at Treasurefest for 6 bucks each. Forgotten all about that kind of bargain shopping when I was looking for more flannel shirts at L.L. Bean. Doh! 

I was dropping off donations at the Goodwill and decided impulsively to go into the store too. I paid more than at Treasurefest for these flannel shirts (9 bucks each), but I'm happy with them and also found a Pyrex dish for which I have an extra lid (only 2 bucks) and a cute basket (also only 2 bucks) and a bunch of tiny bead bracelets (only 6 bucks). Sure beats going to the mall. And summer flowers must be my color inspo for all my warm color palette choices lately             
Sunday. Today's plan is to go to the ceramics studio, and so maybe I'll use these pink and oranges and purples to inspire my under glazing today. Or finally make those pink sushi platters.
I was supposed to go to Bollywood dance this morning, but am so LAZY. Bagel with lots of cream cheese and lox and a London fog latte instead. I'll get my movement in when I swim this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment