Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Quarantine Comfort Food: Turkey, Avocado & Sprouts Sandwich

I could seriously eat a sandwich every day for the rest of my life.  I was in high school when I ate my first deli sandwich of ham and Swiss cheese at Togo's--what a revelation.  Then I fell in love in college with a grilled eggplant, roasted red bell pepper, provolone and sprouts sandwich at Intermezzo in Berkeley and Greens to go in Fort Mason. These days, I get excited if lunch is gonna be from Jersey Joe's or Specialty's or Mr. Pickles in San Mateo or Leonardo's in Millbrae.  I'm even content with a supermarket deli sandwich made on the spot and customized to my taste buds.  Mortadella or Caprese, count me in.  With lots of produce like lettuce, tomato, pepperoncini, pickles, jalapenos, onion and ample mayo please.  I had one slice left of herb roasted turkey and a couple of avocados and clover sprouts, and so lunch today was one of my absolute favorites until I make another grocery run.



No comments:

Post a Comment