Thursday, April 16, 2020

Quarantine Cooking: Already I'm in a Rut

It can't be helped.  We're all loathe to make multiple trips to grocery stores and expose ourselves to virus, and so we buy in bulk. Prior to this pandemic, I shopped daily, buying small in order to have variety in my meal rotation. However, when I last shopped, I bought buttermilk, bunches of fresh herbs, a bag of avocados, a head of purple cabbage, packages of bacon, a crate of eggs, and a $5 container of butter lettuce. I love a chicken Cobb salad, but unfortunately the hubs does not.  
The hubs ate leftover quiche, and I made myself my favorite glorious Cobb salad.
For lunch the next day, I ate the last of my hummus and discovered that I'm not fond of preserved lemon stuffed green olives.
And for dinner the next night another Cobb salad for me while I cooked more bacon so that the hubs could have a BLT for dinner and not leftovers.
But I had still leftover pita and baba ghanoush and wanted to consume those as soon as possible, and so next day's lunch for me and a neighbor was a chicken kabob pita with baba ghanoush and tzatziki and roasted yellow bell pepper and cherry tomatoes and lettuce and arugula and Shatta and feta. 


No comments:

Post a Comment