Monday, August 17, 2020

Pandemic Cooking: How to Consume Leftovers or Pork Chop Sandwich I, II, III

A couple weeks ago, I had the hankering for spare ribs, but the grocery store was out and I bought boneless pork chops instead. Oh boy. Not the hubs' favorite and so I had to finish the leftover buttermilk fried chops. I could have made my sheet pan macaroni and cheese to consume with the leftover pig. But I get pretty bored with mac 'n cheese. 

I do, however, love a sandwich. One of my favorite meals. And thank goodness for remoulade sauce. Because I can eat a sandwich for dinner repeatedly if it's delicious, and luckily like butter, remoulade makes everything better. And it's pretty darn easy if you've got your favorite mayonnaise on hand--I just also added some chopped tarragon, parsley and chervil from my herb garden, chopped capers though I was too lazy to chop an additional anchovy. However, I did add hot sauce. Pork Chop Sandwich, part 1. Luckily, I had remembered to buy a bolilo at the supermarket.

I ate pork chop sandwich, part 2 on a fresh french roll and had to make more remoulade, to which this time I added lemon juice as well as the usual fresh heirloom tomato and lots of arugula. I think you could probably also add some sweet relish too because the French version has diced cornichons. Pretty darn tasty. With an icy cold Chardonnay, a pretty darn perfect meal.

Fresh bread with a crusty exterior and soft interior sure makes the sandwich. And so went the last pork chop sandwich, part 3 on a telera roll.


And again Chardonnay, like remoulade, makes everything better.

No comments:

Post a Comment