Monday, August 17, 2020

Weekend Sewing: 3 Wall Quilt Tops & Wishes for a Halloween Quilt

 I spent my weekend sewing! What a thrill as I feel I've neglected this hobby for a couple years. It was great to also tackle goals from so long ago. Much of my crafting was making text for the quilts with fusible web. I remembered to trace the image right side up on the rough side of the web before cutting it out and adhering it with a hot iron to the fabric.


And then the zig zag stitching of the text on the quilt top. I will probably hang this political quilt in one of my school libraries.

I'm not really pleased by this personal quilt. I wish I had centered the ampersand and juxtaposed it between the "you" and "me" on the white background. However, I have one more of these quilt tops and will do over.
I am pleased however with the placement of names in this wall quilt for my brother and his wife.

I did a run this weekend to the brand new Hobby Lobby in my town and was impressed by some of goods there. This ugly sign is so not what I would hang up in my home, but I love the message--and so I want to make a personal wall quilt with Sadie's cute chihuahua face on it with these words.

And I still want a chalk board sign in my dining room instead of the coffee poster I have hanging now. And so my plan is to buy some board cut to measure and then paint it with black chalk board to replace the poster and the window glass in order to make a menu board like below.

And the pillow below is a goofy and impractical shape, but the imagery is cute and would be fun to applique on a square pillow.
I also bought some beautiful India turquoise cotton for the garden quilt I'm making from a Purl Soho pattern, but aargh I only bought a half yard instead of the 3/4 yard called for in the instructions. It's okay. I'll run there after work today. I also discovered Kona cottons and what looked like some gorgeous threads if I should ever need to run there instead of my favorite Joann's.


And so I've got the garden quilt for next weekend's sewing, and I spied this on my Instagram feed and am in love with it though yes in my stash, there are Halloween-themed Cotton & Steel fabrics, which I'll tackle before this awesome paper-pieced quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment