Sunday, August 9, 2020

Quarantine Saturday: Retail Recreation

I finally cashed my check from scoring AP essays and had planned to go to the farmers market, but then remembered that I wanted to get canning jars, more food storage, and a mortar and pestle--of which I'm most excited because now there's larb and garlic butter noodles and other Thai and Chinese stir fries in my future. But my shopping didn't stop here.

I wanted a Labor Day light read. Which looks lightest? The Devil Wears Prada sequel of course....love that movie.
I did want the nonfiction below, but in the end decided I was going to put it on hold at the public library instead.
And after the books aisle, I saw the Back to School aisles.  Holy smokes! I bought a Hello Kitty and Star Wars lunch bags, two composition books, two boxes of crayons, two boxes of markers, two boxes of fat Ticonderonga pencils, one box of black Ticonderoga pencils (for me),a bottle of Chardonnay (also for me), pizza crusts, mini pepperoni, pizza sauce, cans of pineapple and black olives (for us)--we're having a DIY distance pizza making activity this Saturday. I then impulsively afterward stopped in an off-price retail store and bought a sandwich container to haul my lunch to school, a box of Godiva dark chocolates for the hubs, jelly beans for me and the kiddos, hazelnuts, and only eyed the Himalayan pink salt. And then I stopped at the wine & liquor warehouse. I grabbed this Chardonnay, but then put it back because...
And then I looked at my phone which reminded me to get Godiva chocolate liqueur and Frangelico. There was no Godiva chocolate liqueur, only Godiva chocolates. What the heck?!? And so I bought this French chocolate liqueur to go with the Frangelico into a delicious coffee drink for after dinner.


And  when I brought my alcoholic beverages home and lined my wine bottles on my kitchen counter, I saw a color palette or a wine palate?
Ha! Anyway I was a bit cray cray on the shopping spree, me thinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment