Friday, August 7, 2020

Quarantine Cooking: Enchilada Night

It had been a while since I cooked enchiladas. I had leftover ground turkey from stuffed Anaheims one night and leftover ground beef from burger night. I decided on which to use by asking hubs whether he wanted red (beef) or green (turkey) enchiladas for dinner. I made it even more green by sprinkling chopped green onion, chopped cilantro, chopped Green Zebra tomato, and splashing green pepper sauce. 

I feel like I'm getting lazy in my cooking because I didn't make my enchilada sauce from scratch. But maybe I'm just tired of gathering the ingredients like dried chiles or tomatillos and dirtying up my blender. I continue to consume leftovers whenever possible and put out for a side dish the Calabacitas Elote I had made the other night for vegetarian tacos as well as the rice I had cooked to go with stuffed peppers.
And then I remembered the refried beans I had cooked for a burritos meal.
This meal came together fast because of all the Mexican leftovers, and because we were eating a South of the Border meal, I had to have a margarita, also not made from scratch.
Me and the hubs really liked this meal. Oh my gosh everything tasted wonderful.
Sorry, not sorry about not making enchilada sauce from scratch. Yup, I could eat Mexican just about every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment