Friday, August 7, 2020

Quarantine Cooking: Fried Pork Chop Night

I cooked fried chicken last week and was so sad to have eaten the last cold piece that I used the same method with the thin pork cutlets I bought since the supermarket was out of spare ribs. I had marinated the chops in buttermilk and hot sauce and then dredged it in seasoned flour. Ummm, no. Stick to schnitzel method of egg wash and panko bread crumbs. Oh well. Live and learn what your preferences are. The meal though incorporated a leftover of mashed potatoes plus a garden tomato salad, pea salad and some frozen corn. It wasn't the Southern repast I imagined, but spare ribs slathered with tangy barbecue sauce will be my excuse to cook macaroni and cheese for our next meal.

Maybe my mason jar of ice tea evokes the South in the mouth.


No comments:

Post a Comment