Monday, October 11, 2021

Ceramics: Bud Vase

I'm loving the little bud vases I'm making. I had made them before years ago in very small quantities because I'd be out of scrap clay, and they always sold at our pop-up sales and shows. From the last few batches of these bud vases, I kept this little Frost porcelain one just because Patrick admired it and which he keeps adding flowers to.

The last pair I made of the same silhouette but of different sizes were not water tight:( But this one survived:)

I may have been disappointed with my dipping of it into three different glazes: translucent blue green, stormy blue and Jim Bob blue, but it's growing on me. 
This past Saturday I forgot my sketch book and the templates I had made for more of these little bud vases. 
And so I resorted to making my sea mugs, which always sell at our pop-up sales.
I so love this texture roller, and I will probably glaze these two mugs with either the studio glazes of the color palette that's in the 3-glaze bud vase of this post or the opal glaze of the bud vase I have on my kitchen window sill. And my clay colleague, Zan placed a Clay Planet order and let me tack on my shopping cart. Bags of black (Obsidian formerly Cassius), white (#16 porcelain from Laguna), and red (Clay Planet's own formulation of a Chinese clay they call smooth red).
And a bag of plaster from the hardware store to create slump molds, potter's plaster to make casts and a gallon of Frost porcelain slip to practice slip casting and make adorable bud vases or cups once I've made.

No comments:

Post a Comment