Monday, October 18, 2021

Cooking: Eggplant Parmesan

Last night, I looked at the two eggplants from the garden and turned to my new vegetarian cookbook on how to cook them.               

Per the directions, I sliced the eggplant into 1/2" planks and then sprinkled them with kosher salt on them and let the vegetable sit in a colander for 45 minutes and then pressed them with paper towels to sop up more of the water. I then dredged the eggplant slices in flour, dipped them into beaten egg before dredging them in Italian breadcrumbs, panko and shredded Parmesan.

And instead of frying the eggplant, I preheated a sheet pan in a 425 degree oven and then drizzled a few tablespoons of olive oil on the sheet. I then baked the breaded eggplant slices for 30 minutes. After they were browned in the oven, I put a layer of pizza sauce at the bottom of baking dish, layered the eggplant on the sauce and then ladled more sauce on the eggplant, and then laid slices of provolone and sprinkles of Parmesan.
I felt compelled to make rigatoni too.
T'was okay.
And I'm getting bored by cooking. Which must mean that I'm wanting to spend more time sewing or doing ceramics.

No comments:

Post a Comment