Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Cooking: Sheet Pan Pizza

My neighbor, Cecilia, for my birthday made me no-knead pizza dough. I divided the ball in two and oiled and placed them onto sheet pans, which I put in the oven. My husband thought the oven might not be warm enough and stuck one in the warming drawer, but on its highest heat whereas I preheated an oven to 175 degrees and then turned it off and stuck the other inside. Below you can see the difference between the two rises. The warming oven had started to cook the dough whereas the preheated oven let the dough rise perfectly.

No matter. While the dough had been rising, I took a can of Italian tomatoes that Cecilia gave me and pulsed it in my blender with 4 cloves of garlic, a half teaspoon salt, some glugs of olive oil, and crushed dried basil, thyme and oregano.
And no cooking the tomato sauce. Instead I slathered it on to the risen pizza dough and then layered provolone and parmesan. And then shredded mozzarella. 
And next on my pie more mozzarella. Pepperoni and salami on his and a bit more mozzarella.
I set the oven on its hottest at 475 degrees which means that the toppings were perfectly melty and golden brown, but the crust not as pillowy and crisp. Note to self to parbake the crust next time I get more pizza dough from Cecilia.
However, there is extra pizza sauce to make fried parmigiana sandwiches.
Or maybe a chicken cacciatore.

No comments:

Post a Comment