Monday, October 18, 2021

Nesting & Organizing

No more Indian summers, and so it’s time to put away the electric fan and break out the portable heater. Since there are no more ceramic classes for another couple weeks, I finally finished my quilted prism pillow by cutting a king sized pillow in half and turning it into two pillow inserts. I also lost a white pillow case and needed a replacement, but Target only had these sherbet colored ones. I went with them.                     

But now my Ohio Star pillow doesn’t seem to coordinate because of the mustard (but I love that contrast as well as the Amy Butler fabric in the middle with more of those sherbet colors), and so I’ll need to make another prism pillow.
                        
Better. And that tiny pillow can go on my Eames chair. What's great about these new pillowcases is that they reverse to a solid peach and blush on the other side when text and stripes feel too busy. And now I feel compelled to sew a pink prism quilted pillow. And I like that these warm pastels seem to coordinate with my oceanscape which I really need to center above my bed. Maybe I'll hang them apart.

I also brought home the ceramic vessels for my art making supplies that just came out of the kiln last week.   
Aargh. I guess I thought my scissors jar needed to be multiple because I had too many scissors to fit in my mustard jar. Oh well. I’ll bring the extra scissors jar to school. But definitely I need to make a large vessel for my excess markers.                       
And maybe it’s time to get rid of Dad’s ceramic beer stein which he got when he retired from the U.S. Coast Guard that he never drank out of any way. And it doesn’t coordinate well with my other ceramic containers. 

I needed to cook something this weekend and our zucchini suddenly was producing again, and so I cooked fritters.                           
I do love that the bright emerald color remains and doesn't get muddy like when I sauté them.
Finally the eggplant parmigiana leftovers are done, and I can cook soup and rice bowls. This colder weather merits comfort food.

No comments:

Post a Comment