Thursday, October 14, 2021

Ceramics: Test Tiles

I am loving these new shapes, but aaargh two hours was not long enough to finish these bud vases this afternoon in the ceramics studio. I kind of wish I had just stuck to making one vase the best it could be, but I rolled out a slab big enough to make two. And I probably will squash the shorter, stouter vase because the stamp is not impressed enough and kind of off-center. And in looking at the taller vase, I kind of want to squash that one too because it needs widening.

But I'll squash them both next week, ball it up and re-wedge, and attempt these shapes again:) I mean if I were at the pottery wheel, I'd want to be in the habit of smashing pots that weren't up to snuff.
And I impressed my favorite stamp designs on some test tiles to test glazes. I think I'm most in love with the colors above and will have to reproduce these colors in my little bud vases.

No comments:

Post a Comment