Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Cook: Taco Tuesday

My husband maintains that it’s not my job to cook for him and gotta love him for that. BUT I cook for him because it’s how I demonstrate care, concern and affection. And most of the time, I find cooking fun and meditative. When I make tacos for Patrick, there has to be cheese and salsa, which I’ll usually also load up with lettuce like a Taco Bell food product even if the shell is not crunchy. But when it’s just me, I like my most favorite Mexican food, taco truck style. Just onion and cilantro and hot sauce on carne asada or carnitas. And I find cheese even more WRONG on a fish or shrimp taco. Tonight when I got home, Patrick was headed into a Zoom meeting which meant dinner was by myself.        
I kept it simple, taqueria style. Just fried the carnitas in a mini cast iron.      
Chopped red onion (no white onion in the pantry), chopped cilantro, green sauce, sliced lemon (no lime either), and sliced avocado.                                
And I treated my bigger cast iron as a plancha.                                
And added sour cream too.                    
Again I could eat a taco every night for dinner. And if I lived alone, I likely would as I don’t mind the same meal on consecutive evenings.

No comments:

Post a Comment