Friday, July 15, 2022

clay: blessings from the kiln gods

I hadn't planned on going to clay club today, but we fired up the kiln twice this week, on Tuesday for a bisque firing and on Thursday for a glaze firing, which we unloaded the next day or today, Friday in the mid afternoon. The kiln was still super hot, and so I took out a peep and propped the lid with a 3" stilt.      

 
These shot mugs for a wedding shower were the reason for this quick turnaround in ceramics. That black gloss glaze inside the mugs is so beautiful. I love it and now want to make some too though I'll have to ponder how I would decorate the exterior.
Zan had also made dinner plates for a client/friend, whose cat had broken ones she made a decade ago, during a move. I love them, but I won't make ones like hers. I copycat her enough, and it's not me.

I especially love this one with the edges suggesting "decay."
I so love the contrast between black and white, and I'll take photos of the 4 plates I made next week when they've cooled in the kiln more.

No comments:

Post a Comment