Monday, July 4, 2022

cook: pancakes

Happy 4th of July!                      
I rarely eat breakfast, but last night we were invited to dinner at a neighbor’s and I ate ladylike bites and no second helpings, which is so not me. And so I’m starving this morning. I had looked for pancake mix at the grocery outlet, but there were only family size bags of Krusteaz. I only eat pancakes three or four times a year, and so I decided to make a batter from scratch. And I'm an experienced enough cook to not have to throw out that first pancake.                   
I did find however, already cooked breakfast sausage patties, at the grocery outlet, which will also make great breakfast sandwiches a la McDonald's Sausage McMuffin (wish I had also remembered to pick up English muffins, but again I rarely eat breakfast). Martha Stewart's recipe for simple pancakes is a good one, but next time I'll use buttermilk instead of milk. Of course, I had to slather on the butter and pour lots of maple syrup.
Woo hoo it's a holiday. Granted I'm bummed that June is already over, but I am looking forward to grilling over charcoal briquets.

No comments:

Post a Comment