Sunday, February 12, 2023

clay and cook: a butter dish and korean cuisine (an attempt)

After Galentine's Day brunch, I did Saturday ceramics and brought home my finished butter box.

It's too large. I need to make it again, about an inch shorter in length. But for now it will do.
 
I bought from Costco what I thought was Korean barbecue meat. Nope. It was some ridiculously large plastic container with pouches of meat in encased in their sous vide pouches of which you had to dump out the broth and then sear the steak and then sauce it with additional pouch contents. I saw later on the box a white guy and thought, oh no fool, you don't know the flavors of good Korean barbecue. But then again neither do I. I tried to re-create some of the banchan I've had at Korean restaurants with the bean sprouts and cucumbers.

At least the kimchi was amazingly delicious and authentic. And my Valentine present arrived in the post yesterday. 
Dessert was the rest of my Chardonnay and an exquisite milk chocolate truffle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment