Wednesday, February 22, 2023

cook: how to dinner when uninspired

I’ve been so obsessed with clay and 2-dimensional design that I haven’t been too interested in cooking dinner. On a Monday, I wandered the aisles of Trader Joe’s, looking for inspo, and picked up the pesto marinated chicken breasts…
 …and the frozen Fettuccine Alfredo…   
and told the husband to harvest lettuce from the garden…             
I also bought dill, chives and basil to finally make this herbed and sundried tomato goat cheese spread for crostini…                
and pruned my Valentine’s Day bouquets…                         
These flowers have lasted a while, but maybe we won't have to buy bouquets for much longer...
because temperatures this weekend were such that I could be outside in just a t-shirt and no puffy jacket. And with spring also comes a Cone 10 firing.
Made these 2 Black Mountain plates yesterday, and 4 were already in the kiln for bisque firing. I already know I'm going to glaze them with Marshmallow before they get loaded into the gas kiln.

No comments:

Post a Comment