Monday, February 27, 2023

cook: lamb wonton and tofu soup

It’s been rainy and cold, very very chilly for the Bay Area that all I’ve wanted to do is sip hot tea and soup. And in the spirit of that endeavor of cooking even more soup, I made lamb wontons in the afternoon. I chopped green onion, water chestnuts, and straw mushrooms. I also ground garlic in my mortar and pestle and added it along with soy sauce, Maggi, fish sauce, and ground lamb into the mixing bowl. Next the filling and crimping of the won ton wrappers with my lamb mixture.

I had stopped by the Japanese supermarket and bought two Soon Tofu soup kits--hot for Cecilia and extra hot for me. Weekday soup coming up.
 
And for Sunday supper, it was a grilled Jack cheese on sourdough and tomato basil bisque.
I swam A LOT last week. My workouts are happening 4 days a week instead of just the weekends, and I'm hoping to add walking and then running into my routines. My life is pretty much work, art, exercise and sleep, and I'm digging it.

No comments:

Post a Comment