Wednesday, February 8, 2023

create: lines composition complete

Okay I'm now feeling well in mind and body. I was so wound up a couple nights ago from not completing my collages that I tossed and turned instead of slept. And so I brought my Bristol papers with me to work, and stress cycle is complete to quote the latest self-help book I read, Burnout.    

Here's my horizontal and vertical lines composition.                 
I did not adhere to the general rule of keeping my strips between 1" and 1/4" wide. But I like how the composition terminates into a point in the line even if it's shaped like square. I fully expect to be dinged.

And here's my diagonal lines assignment. Maybe the only assignment where I hewed closest to the general rule on the thickness of the lines.
Patrick found my diagonal lines composition the more interesting of all 4.

And oh it gets "worse," for my instructor. I cut even skinnier for the strips on the curved lines variation. 
But to my mind, the waves still constitute lines. No? Oh well.

So okay, here's a composition where I used all 4 types of lines: horizontal, vertical, diagonal, and curved.
Again I expect to receive a failing grade for the assignment or be told to re-do. 

And Ellie stopped by to confirm that I was doing clay club yesterday, where I did a lot. I glazed two Bmix bowls in Coleman Red, an Electric Brown clay in Colonial White and then built a plate and two more bowls of Electric Brown. There’s still Electric Brown enough for another test bowl and Speckled Buff for either a bottom dish for a butter box or rectangular planter--I'll need to remember to bring the shrink ruler to the ceramics classroom. This Thursday I also ought to dig into the Black Mountain and make a bunch of Cone 10 plates. And the palak paneer that got me so irked? Almost gone. I gave some to my neighbor, Cecilia who liked it a lot, and I do too because I'm eating a leftover portion for lunch. It's delicious and not bitter like the first taste. Okay I won't throw away that block of paneer that is in my freezer, but for sure, I'll cook it next time OUTSIDE on my electric burner so as not to smell up my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment