Sunday, February 26, 2023

cook + clay: saturday in the park

I had half a quart of the sweet potato lentil citrus soup leftover from slow sewing night plus a small sweet potato and half an onion and 3/4 full container of vegetable broth. I didn’t have enough bandwidth for another recipe and decided to just extend the soup. And so I sautéed the onion and the sweet potato and added the vegetable broth and the leftover lentil soup, but also sprinkles of garam masala, a can of coconut milk, a can of heritage yellow eye beans, and kale from the garden.
 
The soup took on a whole another flavor profile, being less citrusy. I gave a couple pints to Meral and Cecilia, and I ate it for dinner along with leftover arugula salad with Point Reyes blue cheese and walnuts, which I liked even better than the beets and goat cheese version.
 
I also ended up drinking a whole bottle of rose wine and volunteering not only to make more decoration posters for a St. Patrick's Day party, but also to cook an Irish stew. And so I've got to remember to buy lamb shoulder and leeks....and do I add potatoes and cabbage to the stew or perhaps make a Colcannon instead?
Last weekend, I finally made an herbed goat cheese and ate a little bit of it on a crostini. 
But Cecilia said it was fantastic as a pizza on flat bread, and so I bought focaccia after clay studio yesterday. And so that's my plan for Sunday supper with this goat cheese spread.
And clay class went differently. I finished this sculpture bookend started last weekend.
And I can see already that I'll need to sand it next Saturday.
And I'm so glad I bought these cast iron pots at Costco because they coordinate beautifully with the hot pad I bought at a Palm Springs museum last spring.
I'm feeling the Midcentury vibes and wanna channel that aesthetic into this week's art assignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment