Sunday, May 7, 2023

clay and cook: cone 10 glazing and calzone

Yesterday was a decent day in the Central Park Studio. I may have only created one pizza plate and one very small succulent planter, but I rolled a bunch of slabs to create more planters or soap dishes. And maybe I'll pick them up Monday night to build on Tuesday. And I made a price plaque in preparation for that one day when I finally sell tableware. And finally finished a mug at which I'm pleased with the glaze results.        

However, I'm not ready yet to sell my tableware. At next week's pop-up, I'll sell succulents.

Last week I glazed all my Black Mountain bisque ware.  

I glazed the interiors of the 3 pinch bowls and the lettering in the plaques in Rutile. I glazed the scoops and the spoon rests with Marshmallow. I glazed the two votives in Flambé. I had Zan remove the two plaques from the cone 10 cart because I hadn't remembered that they were cone 10, but now that I see the pic above, they are. With the last of my speckled buff clay at Capuchino, I made this sign and a rock.


And after clay class, I got to cooking after having not cooked during the work week when Patrick asked me if he needed to buy Stouffer's frozen dinners.
It's a no-recipe recipe for calzones. I bought pizza dough, took it out of the fridge in the morning to rise some more. When I got home,I browned Italian sausage and divided the dough into 8 balls. I had crushed tomatoes left over from my dinner party the previous week to which I added a couple tablespoons of fresh oregano, fresh ground garlic, sea salt and olive oil. I flattened the balls of dough and lay on top a slice of mozzarella, the sausage, a couple spoonful of the tomato sauce and a basil leaf. I then folded it over and pinched the edges as best I could. Not pretty, but tasty which is all that matters really. 

And now I've got leftovers for Patrick and I to eat. Today I want to make a grocery run for celery and green grapes to make a chicken salad with leftover rotisserie chicken and some pecans for my salad lunch. And I just gave away leftover peppers and onions, the rest of my tomato sauce and Italian sausage since we've got calzones now. And I could also use some of that rotisserie chicken to make enchiladas too.

No comments:

Post a Comment