Thursday, May 25, 2023

it’s the little things

I’ve had to curtail creative endeavors because of the busyness of life, i.e., work and working out and dog duty though don’t get me wrong, spending time with Sadie is absolute joy. She came with me to the Kiss the Frog warehouse where I bought French linens for 30 bucks (the sales clerk gave me a $5 discount and I’ll take it!), a box of matches, and a kitchen brush (soooo cute and better than a nasty sponge).                        

Yesterday after work, Sadie and I walked the park and then visited Patrick at the community garden. There's a seed library now. 
I perused the packets, and there aren't many seeds beyond some beans and flowers and mustard greens.
A lot of growth has happened in the 60 days since I had seen the seedlings go into the ground. And now I see the composting bin that another gardener gave to Patrick.
The sunshine was so brilliant. And Sadie had a lot of pep in her step. T'was a good day despite a hectic and infuriating work day. My evening was spent painting, which also was frustrating. Just gotta get it done. But maybe, just maybe, I'll get inspired and turn out something satisfying.

No comments:

Post a Comment