Tuesday, May 23, 2023

cook + compose: korean cheese corn and lots more painting to do

I am determined to empty my freezer (in which I had bags of frozen corn) as much as possible before making a Costco run.  Instead of my usual buttered corn with a grilled protein, I cooked Korean Cheese Corn, which I spied in the New York Times, but damn! the recipe was behind a paywall. And so I Googled a recipe on other sites and found one, but I forgot to add the Sriracha. And I used onion ramps instead of scallion. I also used both Best Foods and Kewpie mayo and had to ask a neighbor for some more mozzarella cheese.           
However, it tasted good with the grilled steak (another freezer staple) and the roasted broccoli.
I've gotten away with not cooking these past couple weeks because of Momofuku noodles, a bag of sugar snap peas, leftover hummus, a couple of cucumbers, red onion, feta cheese, and cherry tomatoes. I did make a run to buy chicken kabobs at the Middle Eastern produce store. And today for lunch is leftover spaghetti and meatballs and eggplant parmigiana, which means I'm gonna need to cook again soon. I told Patrick I could cook carne asada tacos with the leftover steak. I've also got in the freezer, scallops, shrimp, and green peas. I think scampi with linguine and also seared scallops with mushy minted peas is next in the rotation. 

I am feeling a little stuck on my last assignment for my 2-dimensional art class. I need to fix a lot of my painting, like completely covering over the red with navy blue in the first word, touching up text and lines with more primary black, coloring the bottom of the cage, adding white, black and ocher to the hamster. I also want the bottom of the cage to be red and not deep yellow. Perhaps mix ochre, umber and white to color shavings at the bottom of the cage?         
And of course, more primary white to cover the background. I've been dinged in the past for not enough coats of paint. Maybe we eat more leftovers tonight instead of me cooking, so I can get more painting done.

No comments:

Post a Comment