Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Baking: Toffee Bits Cocoa Cookies

As much as I love cooking, I am not passionate at all about baking--and I once even got myself a job as a baker in a college coffeehouse where I baked muffins and cookies. I'm even known to bake an authentically delicious scone (the trick is not to overwork a quick dough as every good baker knows). But really even more fun than baking my dried fruit cream scones or my golden raisin and walnut rugelach, is a savory strata with cheddar cheese, breakfast sausage, caramelized onions and herbs like sage and rosemary. However, it's holiday season and a neighbor gifted me part of a loaf of sourdough (another baking hobby I won't take up), and so I felt compelled to bake cookies.


Baking done, and I could finally eat bread and butter and drink wine and cuddle my dog.
With books, wine, bread and a dog, what more could anyone else ask?

No comments:

Post a Comment