Monday, November 16, 2020

Cooking and Clay: Thai Soup (again?!?) and Another Bowl and then some

I had no clue this weekend how close we are to Thanksgiving and how much I have to clear out my fridge for a Thanksgiving feast. I also ordered for my wedding anniversary a 3 month subscription to oysters.

Beet, goat cheese, pecans, and arugula salad with balsamic dressing and a chicken salad sandwich for lunch and Grilled cheese and tomato soup for supper this past Friday. Poor man's Seafood Louis salad for lunch on Saturday.



I think I must've had rotisserie chicken, tomato soup, goat cheese, beets, surimi for this week's lunches at least a month in my fridge. In addition to the chicken salad, I also made a Thai chicken soup.


And thank goodness there was still leftover beef stew and bucatini and meatballs for the hubs--but I imagine he's sick of those leftovers and brought them to school for my lunches. I also brought my clay projects from my Saturday in Meral's garage studio. I had forgotten my clay journal as well as styrofoam mold for an appetizer platter. When that happens, I make mugs and salt crocks. I was inspired by a brownish red mug I drank from in Gatlinburg, Tennessee.


I've been trying to be more thoughtful and careful of what I make. However, in looking at all the green ware and glazed bisque ware on the shelves, I feel a bit like a production potter. I'm thinking maybe these bowls need to be donated to an empty bowls fundraiser.

No comments:

Post a Comment