Saturday, November 28, 2020

T'was the Day Before Thanksgiving....

I hurt my back. Crazy. I've been lifting and pushing and pulling heavy boxes and carts of books for over a decade, but I think I inadvertently arched my back and twisted while holding a box of books and pulled a muscle. OUCH. There wasn't any moment where I felt the pain right away but was sure as hell sore at work on Monday and still managed to walk my usual three miles. However, I was stiff and hurting when I went to work on a Tuesday, and luckily the wellness staff and the wife of an athletic trainer had me bend my knees to my chest and showed me how to take the pressure and weight off my lower back though I did take off early to take pain meds and rest. And then it was Wednesday, my day off before Thanksgiving, and I couldn't even make it to Costco with the hubs. But I had nothing I needed for our Thanksgiving feast. I just wanted the newest Barack Obama memoir and flowers I told the hubs.


And the hubs got me wine too. HOnestly, I'm so grateful for a partner in this pandemic. And my dog.
I watched Netflix, walked the dog, and my back was so much better. A twinge now and then, but none of the occasional sharp stabbing spasms of the day before. I felt so much better that I went outside into cold and wind to grill a marinated flank steak that I plunked on top of a green salad (no blue cheese for the hubs, but man is the combination of beef and bleu so yummy)along with buttered corn for a starch factor.
 
Already even before the Thanksgiving reminder, I am so grateful for the life I have even in these difficult times.

No comments:

Post a Comment