Monday, February 28, 2022

clay: candelabra continued

A couple weekends ago, my friend, Donna said not to add anything more to my candelabra, but un arbol de vida needs to have more life if it’s to be just that kind of tree.                                

And so I added vines and more leaves. I think 5 flowers are enough, but definitely it needed more foliage. Already some of the vines crumbled off as the clay dried. I've a feeling, I'll need to either create more vines to attach this Saturday, and if I do that, I might well add more leaves with more armature wire. Fingers crossed that there won’t be more breakage.
The kiln gods also delivered my speckled buff planter. And next year, Meral and I aim to have a booth at this annual event.                     

Hubs thinks I should put in an application for this summer, but I told him I don't have enough wares. Next April I'll be well-stocked and I'm already focused on making tableware that is aligned to my preferred aesthetic of spare, simple, and wabi sabi. I want my plates and bowls to have a rustic beauty in the contrast between raw and glazed clay surface.                            

No comments:

Post a Comment