Monday, February 28, 2022

cook: chilean sea bass with beurre blanc, mushy peas and roasted broccoli

Last week I finally defrosted the Chilean sea bass in my freezer. Patagonian tooth fish is incredibly buttery and delicious, and I decided to amp up its buttery flavor with a beurre blanc after searing it on all sides for six minutes total as it was a thick filet, but I let the butter afterward get too browned. The fish tasted good though with the addition of lemon zest, lemon juice, shallot, and capers. For the mushy peas, I added a couple cloves of garlic to boiling water for a few minutes and then boiled the peas in the water for another 3 minutes, drained it, and then whirred it with a knob of butter and a big dollop of sour cream. I loved it as it was sweet though still savory. I simply roasted the freshly harvested broccoli.                  

I love a fish dinner, but have been hungry still after dinner and snacking therefore on loaded nachos instead of a dessert.                                
And my lunches over the weekend were huge bowls of poke with California or salmon sushi rolls.                     
I probably need to not eat so much fish higher up on the food chain because I’m probably also consuming a lot of mercury.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment