Monday, February 28, 2022

cook: pickle-brined fried chicken thigh sandwich

This weekend’s cooking project, I knew was going to be fried chicken thighs. I found a recipe in the Food & Wine website for a pickle-brined fried chicken sandwich. I marinated the thighs Sunday morning.                  

I had a sneaking feeling I should’ve used less salt or even no salt as there was enough in the pickle brine. And after I drained the brine, I soaked it in leftover lemon dill yogurt on which I top on gyros normally because I didn’t have buttermilk. And the breading was two cups flour, 1/4 cup cornstarch, black pepper and more salt! Next time I’m omitting salt completely because it can be sprinkled on after cooking. Lesson learned. The frying came out a beautiful golden brown.              
But I put a LOT of lettuce and tomato in the sandwich to balance out all the salt.

No comments:

Post a Comment