Saturday, February 19, 2022

clay: spoons fail

I had loved some clay spoons my friend Zan had made and wanted to make some too.                                    

Look at that texture. I was so excited, but then I made my own version of kiln furniture that did not work. Not. At. All.          
Thankfully other pieces were not ruined, nor the kiln shelf, nor most importantly the kiln. I’m grateful and will use stilts next time. And so next post will be the reveal of my test tiles and plates and plant pots commissioned by Cecilia. And I’ve been on an eggs for dinner trend.            
Denver O’Brien potatoes with a poached egg above was followed a couple nights later by kimchi fry rice and spam with a fried egg. And I’m not digging these O’Brien potatoes from the freezer section of the grocery store versus homemade. And so the plan is to cook them up to fill breakfast burritos for a teacher gathering in a couple months. And ugh I’m hung over from drinking a whole bottle of Chardonnay the night before. Eggs Benedict to the rescue.

No comments:

Post a Comment