Friday, September 9, 2022

clay: the kiln is full

Still a heatwave happening, but my succulents are loving it. Patrick asked if I had noticed that one of them bloomed.

How cool! I may have to transplant a few succulents as it now looks like they're busting out of the pot, which means I need to make more pots. I looked at the before and after of the pot I bought in Harmony. I'm starting to think the after evokes sea and sand.                                   
I'm keeping it at work and will have to remember to bring in some greenery or a bloom for it to contain now that it doesn't weep. And yesterday in the oppressive heat of the afternoon, I loaded a kiln that was mostly my plates, planters, cocktail mugs, test pots, butter dish, and these tiny tea bowls.
The above are the porcelain casts from the mold I made in a Clay by the Bay workshop. I overglazed the interiors with Coyote glazes and the exterior with Duncan crackle. Fingers crossed and praying to the kiln gods. Afterward I met up with Lisa and Angela at Par 3--how can anyone golf in such hot weather?--and drank two very strong margaritas and ate an awesome Caesar salad with grilled salmon. OMG, I want to cook that at home now.

No comments:

Post a Comment