Monday, September 12, 2022

cook: crab rangoon

Some weeks(or maybe a couple months?)ago, I made Crab Rangoon. I used a combination of leftover real crab and surimi, cream cheese, onion and scallion, soy sauce, and Maggi.

 
It made for a lot of crab filling for which I had to get a whole package of won ton wrappers.
 
I think I cooked half of the crab rangoon and half a package of pork lumpia shanghai, and then put the rest into my freezer.
 
My freezer got too crowded, and so yesterday when I heard neighbors--Charlie, the 2-year-old, and Finn, the 3-year-old, on a play date outside my window, I made them a midmorning snack of lumpia and then used the occasion to also cook the rest of my crab rangoon for lunch.

 
I didn't serve the little boys any of the crab rangoon as they were too ravenous to wait for me to finish frying. 
After serving Charlie and Finn and their moms lumpia, I saved the rest for myself along with the 4 of the crab rangoon for a decadent Sunday lunch.
 
And ugh my house smells of frying, but that's okay. That Filipino house smell will dissipate as I cook other things like fajitas for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment