Monday, September 19, 2022

cook: carnitas salad bowl

One of my favorite salads from Thistle is their Southwest Sweet Potato Taco Salad with Chipotle Pulled Pork. However, I didn't have the time to gather and assemble all the ingredients called for in their recipe.       
I didn't make the bean and corn salad which includes hemp seeds, but I did have sweet potato leftover from my tempura the night before and carnitas. Nor did I have the spinach and red cabbage called for in the recipe, but I did have romaine lettuce and arugula which went into my salad instead.
 
I also had raw pepitas, which I toasted and salted before cooking the carnitas. Too bad I was out of chipotle in adobe sauce. And oh! I forgot I could have sprinkled a little chipotle powder on the potatoes. Oh well. Next time.
My friend, Angela had been raving about the vegan salad dressings in the refrigerated section of Trader Joe's. And so that bottle of spicy cashew butter dressing is going into this lunchbox. 
I just remembered that I have chopped scallions and cilantro to add to this salad. I am still so looking forward to this lunch hack.

No comments:

Post a Comment