Thursday, September 1, 2022

zine: citrus cocktails recipes

I've been making cocktail cups in the ceramics studio for Christmas presents this year. My plan is to put the Ombre speckled buff cups in Kraft paper bags with tissue paper in the colors that are on the mugs and let my recipients choose. I love making zines and want to include cocktail recipes to go with the cups.                            

 
Oi! I can see the pencil marks from my sketching. I'll need to take an eraser to it before Xeroxing these zines.
I can't wait to add color to these zines. Cocktails with orange zest and orange slices are definitely my favorite, and so they were the first two recipes in the book.
It might be cool to add little bottles of booze like bourbon and rum to the bags of cocktail cups; citrus is a cool addition if the bag is to be opened and used and consumed right away.
The French 75 was a yummy cocktail I drank at an after hours event at the California Academy of Sciences and also at a Mad Men party I hosted with a bunch of teachers as a fundraiser event (I had made deviled eggs, and Sara made the cocktails). I need to remember to make some cocktail cups with an Ombre of yellow and green. And another zine of cocktail recipes methinks.
 
Above is the vase I bought in Harmony, which when I added water, I discovered weeps. I need a vase to be functional, not just beautiful. And so I filled it with low fire glaze and and fired it again. It's water tight now, but the bottom of the vase is now brown! Trippee. I don't hate it, but I kind of wish I could find its maker to say, hey, what clay? what cone firing? because your vase while beautifully glazed was not fully vitrified.

No comments:

Post a Comment