Tuesday, September 13, 2022

clay: plates

More kiln reveal. Here are the porcelain plates I glazed in the pints of Coyote overglazes I have. This first one I actually have a gallon of the glaze called Opal. I love love love it, and this picture doesn't do justice to all the gradations of turquoise, blue and gray. For sure, this plate would be my modern rendition of fine china.

I also really like the Oxblood. Again the picture doesn't give a lot of indication of its beauty. I love the teeny, tiny turquoise speckles of this mottled merlot color.
I had higher hopes for this Fire Opal because it turned out gorgeous on a porcelain cast tea bowl that unfortunately broke (a whole 'nother sad story). I've a feeling that if it were dipped rather than brushed, the glaze would be more spectacular looking, and so I'm not giving up on this glaze.
The seafoam satin is meh. But maybe it'll grow on me.
And of course, I'll keep growing this stack of white glazed speckled buff dinnerware.
Everything always looks better in multiples.

No comments:

Post a Comment