Wednesday, December 28, 2022

craft: christmas clearance sales

I do love holiday shopping AFTER the holiday. And this year I remembered to give advent presents as I found them in my Christmas bin which I opened promptly right after the thanksgiving holiday. There’s a turkey table topper that I didn’t put out this year, but I did mail or send Christmas cards that first week of December in 2022. Next year I’ll be greeting friends and family with these ephemera.   
Usually I find my holiday cards at Paper Source, but this year World Market was my one stop holiday supplier. I love these ornaments—the mid century modern house will go on my tree while the snowman will be on offer for next year’s Dirty Santa ornament exchange.  And the cookie cutter can be both a tree ornament in and of itself or the template for ceramic ornaments.                      
And next year I’ll apply acrylic paint and glitter to these laser cut wood ornaments to give to the niece’s and nephew’s families.         
So millennial. I love ‘em and will be delighted all over again when I open my holiday bin next November. And these mini stockings for an advent hanging, which I’ve had for a few years will finally be ready to complete.                               
I’m rather sick of sweets, but February which means Valentine’s Day is coming. And so these peppermint candies are coming with me to work for my January sugar rushes.      
Okay got my dopamine fix this afternoon, and tomorrow I’ll need to pack these holiday purchases away for next year so my home is decluttered as much as possible for housecleaners coming this week.

And I relented and did shop some more. Paper Source provided me another box of Xmas cards as well as two Advent charm bracelet and necklace kits for my grandnieces, Mica and Isla as well as Elf on the Shelf for all of the grandnephews and grandnieces. Target was the source for dog ornaments, gift wrap, gift tags. And Christmas 2022 is a wrap and looking forward already to Christmas 2023.

No comments:

Post a Comment