Tuesday, December 20, 2022

craft: diy holiday

My make your gift giving season has been a bit of a whirlwind. I was invited to a neighbor's home for eggnog and nosh on the first night of Hannukah, and so I decided to bake holiday gifts for the neighbors. The mandarin pistachio and chocolate shortbread dough I made last week, stored in the fridge, turned into bars for baking that Sunday afternoon.

And after a Target run for Greenies (for the dog, not the rugelach)and cream cheese, I started rugelach dough for my Jewish neighbors.
  
I rather love the ease of baking shortbread. Next time I will put the dough into one of my quarter sheet pans to make more uniform bars. And I used up most of the raspberry jam I had left for the rugelach.
I finally wrapped these bracelets for my niece by sewing them in a pouch and finished the Lola; Rhys, Dani, Bex; and Mica, Isla, Dani bracelets for my sister-in-law.
For Sunday supper, all I wanted after all the holiday potlucks and happy hours was a pan of homemade nachos with lots of jalapeno hot sauce.
Onward and onward. More bracelets to make and gifts to wrap.

No comments:

Post a Comment