Saturday, December 10, 2022

craft: gift wrapping and beads

This came up on my Facebook/Instagram memories.

That was such a fun pandemic activity, and I love how the wrapped presents turned out and that the wrapping was totally recyclable. If we have not run out of the Costco gift wrap we've had for ten years, then I'll wrap Patrick's grandnephews and Charlie's presents this way too. And so I'm thinking this will be how I create the gift labels for my Dan Dan Instant Noodle Kit. I've found kraft paper that is the size of copier paper:) I also just ordered white organza bags to gift all the bead bracelets I’m making. Last night I made one for my cohort, Jasmine. At some point, I'll make a set of three bracelets for me: WHAT THE FUCK, LIBRARIAN, TEACHER and DOG MOM(but this could be part of another set to include WINO and BITCH). And of course, some inspirational ones: MANIFEST, HAPPY (with rainbow beads), FAITH, HOPE, LOVE. And specific ones for Meral: CERAMICIST, FUR MAMA, GODMOTHER.      
I'm still pondering Kat's bracelets: MARCEL'S MOM, MANIFEST? And STRONGAF? Or maybe another...                      
I took a pic too of the clay assignments for Zan's CSM class this spring. I hope I get to enroll or that I get that email soon for my registration date. 
I'm pondering what I'll create for each project. For the raku animal, definitely a sea creature. Maybe another octopus. But I loved, loved, loved March of the Penguins and would love to sculpt the Emperor Penguin of the Antarctica. I've already made the candelabra, but I would make it again with the same theme of renewal like that of my Station Eleven piece. I'll have to think of some kind of abstract wall sculpture box, but I want it to be functional to maybe house my teapots or some of my favorite tiny mugs. And for a landscape relief, for sure an oceanscape--but not one using my waves texture roller, but one I'll have to carve by hand. Or maybe a forest of birch trees with a road leading off to point in the distance. I do love my whale relief even though it has a crack in it and could maybe re-do it. And Zan is determined that I make a bowl on the wheel because she's bringing the Empty Bowls project to the College of San Mateo. And so yeah I did make it into the clay studio yesterday afternoon and managed to pour another plaster mold of a plate and glaze a spoon. I asked Michaela to switch up our next Friday schedule, so I could be back at school to unload the kiln and have some commissions that are Christmas presents delivered. And when I do create all these ceramic projects, then for sure, I'll submit an application to the public library to display them and call them CLAY ASSIGNMENTS AT THE COLLEGE OF SAN MATEO, ____SEMESTER___ or just "Clay Assignments, Spring 2023.

No comments:

Post a Comment