Sunday, January 22, 2023

cook: leftovers or how to decrease food waste and not get bored eating what's on hand

I’m not excited about the red curry kabocha squash soup I cooked, but at least it’s healthy and with a bit more fish sauce and lots of green onion, cilantro and lime, I like it much more. I just researched laksa, and so basically what I have here in the photo is laksa but without the spice. I plan on adding Sriracha and some mint leaves too to the last leftover serving. I quite like the contrasting textures--the slurpiness of the sauce, the softness of the rice noodles, the leafy bites of herbs and chew of shellfish.     
And last night, I ate most of the leftover jasmine rice that I was going to eat with my leftover longanisa with my rendition of a Singapore street food dinner. Can I possibly just cook one serving of rice for breakfast? Or do I just continually have leftover rice in the fridge for impromptu fried rice for dinner?

No comments:

Post a Comment